Labels

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Opening the Box: Wall of Martyrs


XinZ here and it feels like it's been far too long. Don't quite know what happened there with that little hiatus, but that is all about to come to an end!

If you have ever spent anytime gaming with me you know that by far my favorite part of the entire hobby is blowing money and just collecting. There's something about owning a virtual mountain of miniatures that I love. Because of this sickening addiction I will be more than happy to share all of my new product purchases with all of you on a fairly regular basis. Today, we start with the Wall of Martyrs three part kit. All ratings will be on a scale of 1 to 5.


The Build- 4
Both the trenches and the defense emplacement were extremely easy builds. All they take is a little bit of mold line trimming and only a couple of bits glued on. I highly recommend not gluing any of the major sections together for this set so that you can rearrange them as you please. Then once you get to the bunker is takes a bit more time than the rest, but even that is only around ten pieces. This is a large set you can get done in a very little amount of time and that is always a plus in my book. 

The Finished Product- 4.5
This is an extremely well done set that only brings one major flaw to mind, the end caps that all of the three kits come with are exactly the same, not even a slight bit of variation when it comes to the ends of your Wall of Martyrs. The ability to lay the kit out in endless different configurations is what really makes up for this one glaring flaw luckily. I also love that the kit is designed by GW for GW models so most all units with a base will fit perfectly in the terrain pieces.

The Value- 3
The trenches alone feel well worth their money and if the review were just for them they would easily snag a 5. However, the emplacement and the bunker really drag the value of the whole set down. Neither of them seem to warrant quite the same price tag as a full sized GW building, but are still excellent to have.

Overall, I'm very happy with this set. I just don't see myself buying any more bunkers to expand upon on it and only really focusing on more of the amazing trenches. This is a set my friends will tell you that I am more than happy to recommend to them. You just may want to skip out on the bunker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment